Cooking is an important life skill that can play an integral role in maintaining a lifelong healthy diet. If your Fresh Tastes school wants to get students started with practical experience in preparing and eating healthy food, then the Cooking Food action area is just what you need. The best bit is, students of all ages and abilities can get involved.
The Cooking Food action area
- Teacher professional development
- Curriculum resources
- Access to basic materials needed to do cooking activities
- Teacher resources are mapped to the Australian Curriculum
- Students can learn to make healthy food choices that positively affect their health and wellbeing
- Cooking is a great way to involve parents and carers and can have a positive impact on the family
Fresh Tastes schools can access support, resources and discounts provided by our partners.
You’ll find more information in the Fresh Tastes Action Planning Guides that are provided to participating schools. If your school isn’t yet involved in Fresh Tastes, contact us today.
We’ve put together some success stories about how some of our Fresh Tastes schools have approached this action area with great results.
More cooking food activities and resources
Remember your food safety
Food preparation and storage needs to comply with national and ACT legislative food handling practices. You’ll find food safety guides and helpful posters available from the ACT Health, Health Protection Service. There is also a factsheet available about the use of eggs and fresh produce in schools. Visit www.health.act.gov.au/foodsafety or call 02 6205 1700 for more information.